JAC calls for bandh against Telangana panel terms of reference
Hyderabad: The Joint Action Committee (JAC)
of Osmania University students today gave a call for a
day-long bandh in Telangana tomorrow in protest against the
terms of reference for the Sri Krishna Committee on the
"The terms of reference (ToR) are totally against (the
formation of) Telangana. The Centre should immediately disband the Committee and introduce a bill in Parliament straightaway for creation of a separate state," the JAC, spearheading the students` movement for a separate Telangana state, said in a statement.
The JAC leaders met at the Osmania University here after
the seven-point ToR was announced and strongly denounced the
Centre`s decision. The Kakatiya University Students Joint
Action Committee extended support for the bandh call.
Earlier, the Centre announced the terms of reference
which mandated the committee headed by Justice (retd) B N
Srikrishna to review the developments in Andhra Pradesh since
its formation and their impact on the progress and development
of the different regions of the state.
It will "examine the situation in the state of Andhra
Pradesh with reference to the demand for a separate state of
Telangana as well as the demand for maintaining the present
status of a united Andhra Pradesh," the ToR said.
committee has been asked to submit its report by December 31
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly