JAC chalks out plans over Telangana issue
Hyderabad: The Joint Action Committee (JAC) of political parties and other organisations formed to spearhead the agitation for separate Telangana met here tonight and discussed the situation in the wake of the desertion of ruling Congress from the panel.
Minus Congress, representatives of TDP and TRS and other organisations held a meeting and decided to meet in the next few days to draw an action plan for the future, JAC Convener C Kodandaram told reporters tonight.
Rejecting the terms of reference of the Sri Krishna committee, appointed by the Centre, the JAC had earlier decided that all public representatives from Telangana should
quit their posts to mount pressure on the Union government for formation of the separate state.
Ten TRS MLAs, two from Congress, one each from TDP, BJP and Praja Rajyam submitted their resignations to the Speaker who had accepted the resignations.
Rejecting the JAC`s directive to quit, the ruling Congress has walked out of the JAC, while TDP insisted that its legislators would resign only if Congress leaders did so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened