JAC demands bill for separate Telangana in Parl
Hyderabad: The Telangana political Joint
Action Committee (JAC), spearheading the separate Telangana
agitation, on Wednesday demanded that a bill for formation of the
separate state be introduced in the winter session of
"We condemn the government`s attitude for not accepting
the Telangana statehood demand. We demand that a bill be
introduced in Parliament for formation of Telangana," JAC
Convener M Kodandaram told after a meeting of the
committee here this evening.
Hailing Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati`s move to
pass a resolution in the assembly for division of the state,
he said a resolution be passed in the winter session of Andhra
Pradesh Assembly for formation of separate Telangana.
Kodandaram said the JAC would meet pro-Telangana leaders
ahead of the assembly session, which begins on December 1, and
chalk out the future course of agitation.
The pro-Telangana advocates planned to hold a meeting on
October 27 over alleged police excesses against Telangana
supporters and the JAC extended support to the initiative, he
The JAC would also organise rallies on December 1 in
support of the Telangana demand.
The JAC would observe December 9 as `self-respect day` as
the Centre had announced on that day in 2009 that steps for
formation of separate Telangana would be taken, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Reforms to push India's growth to 8% by FY'19: Fitch
- Flipkart offers Rs 1.5 lakh bonus to IITs, IIMs hires amid joining delay
- Yuvraj Singh: Onus on Sunrisers Hyderabad's all-rounder to guide Warner & Co to IPL final vs RCB
- Moved on after Twitter-spat with Irani: Priyanka Chaturvedi
- Speculation abounds over new Taliban chief`s leaked photo