JAC demands bill for separate Telangana in Parl
Hyderabad: The Telangana political Joint
Action Committee (JAC), spearheading the separate Telangana
agitation, on Wednesday demanded that a bill for formation of the
separate state be introduced in the winter session of
"We condemn the government`s attitude for not accepting
the Telangana statehood demand. We demand that a bill be
introduced in Parliament for formation of Telangana," JAC
Convener M Kodandaram told after a meeting of the
committee here this evening.
Hailing Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati`s move to
pass a resolution in the assembly for division of the state,
he said a resolution be passed in the winter session of Andhra
Pradesh Assembly for formation of separate Telangana.
Kodandaram said the JAC would meet pro-Telangana leaders
ahead of the assembly session, which begins on December 1, and
chalk out the future course of agitation.
The pro-Telangana advocates planned to hold a meeting on
October 27 over alleged police excesses against Telangana
supporters and the JAC extended support to the initiative, he
The JAC would also organise rallies on December 1 in
support of the Telangana demand.
The JAC would observe December 9 as `self-respect day` as
the Centre had announced on that day in 2009 that steps for
formation of separate Telangana would be taken, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday