Jagan alleges conspiracy behind questioning
Hyderabad: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is questioning YSR Congress party leader YS Jaganmohan Reddy for the third consecutive day on Sunday in the disproportionate assets case.
The CBI had questioned Jagan on Friday and Saturday as well.
Jagan today said the questioning was aimed at preventing him from campaigning for the upcoming bypolls in the state and called it a conspiracy.
Jagan, as the MP from Kadapa is popularly known, told reporters yesterday that the CBI sought more clarifications from him and have asked him to come again on Sunday.
A tired-looking Jagan came out of Dilkusha Guest House, the CBI camp office, at 6 pm yesterday.
Contrary to earlier speculations, the CBI may not arrest Jagan at least till Monday, when he is scheduled to appear in the CBI court.
Jagan was grilled by the CBI officials for over seven hours both on Friday and Saturday.
Besides Jagan, the CBI also questioned former minister Mopidevi Venkataramana, industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and bureaucrat KV Brahmananda Reddy.
The investigators believed to have questioned all the four accused individually as well as together.
The questioning is all about the Vadarevu and Nizamapatnam Ports and Industrial Corridor (Vanpic) project, promoted by Prasad and the government of Ras al Khaimah, a constituent of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
The then government of Jagan`s father YS Rajasekhara Reddy had allotted over 15,000 acres of land in Guntur and Prakasam districts, and doled out other concessions to Vanpic allegedly in return for the investments Prasad made into Jagan`s companies, including the Sakshi media group.
Excise Minister Venkataramana was arrested on Thursday for his role in issuing government orders as the then minister for infrastructure and investments for allotting land and extending other concessions to Vanpic. He resigned as minister following his arrest.
Brahmananda Reddy was then special secretary, infrastructure and investments.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note