Jagan alleges conspiracy behind questioning
Hyderabad: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is questioning YSR Congress party leader YS Jaganmohan Reddy for the third consecutive day on Sunday in the disproportionate assets case.
The CBI had questioned Jagan on Friday and Saturday as well.
Jagan today said the questioning was aimed at preventing him from campaigning for the upcoming bypolls in the state and called it a conspiracy.
Jagan, as the MP from Kadapa is popularly known, told reporters yesterday that the CBI sought more clarifications from him and have asked him to come again on Sunday.
A tired-looking Jagan came out of Dilkusha Guest House, the CBI camp office, at 6 pm yesterday.
Contrary to earlier speculations, the CBI may not arrest Jagan at least till Monday, when he is scheduled to appear in the CBI court.
Jagan was grilled by the CBI officials for over seven hours both on Friday and Saturday.
Besides Jagan, the CBI also questioned former minister Mopidevi Venkataramana, industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and bureaucrat KV Brahmananda Reddy.
The investigators believed to have questioned all the four accused individually as well as together.
The questioning is all about the Vadarevu and Nizamapatnam Ports and Industrial Corridor (Vanpic) project, promoted by Prasad and the government of Ras al Khaimah, a constituent of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
The then government of Jagan`s father YS Rajasekhara Reddy had allotted over 15,000 acres of land in Guntur and Prakasam districts, and doled out other concessions to Vanpic allegedly in return for the investments Prasad made into Jagan`s companies, including the Sakshi media group.
Excise Minister Venkataramana was arrested on Thursday for his role in issuing government orders as the then minister for infrastructure and investments for allotting land and extending other concessions to Vanpic. He resigned as minister following his arrest.
Brahmananda Reddy was then special secretary, infrastructure and investments.
(With IANS inputs)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory