Jagan arrest row: Cong misusing CBI, says BJP
New Delhi: Coming in support of embattled Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy, BJP on Sunday accused the UPA government of using CBI to "selectively" target people like him who are opposing it.
"Here is the Union Government using CBI to selectively choose individuals who are opposing Congress and I think it is large ploy by the Congress party to settle scores with those who oppose them," BJP leader Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters here.
He said this while referring to the cases against eight other cabinet colleagues of Andhra Pradesh Chief minister Kiran Reddy and wondered as to why no such actions have been taken against them.
"There were charges against them as much as Savita Reddy who as the Home Minister has been questioned by the CBI. Even the Supreme Court has issued a notice to all the eight cabinet ministers on the charges of corruption. Why no action is being taken against them and why Jagan Reddy is being selectively targeted?" he asked.
"BJP would certainly like to have the answers from the Prime Minister," Rudy said.
Rudy said the "selective" action has come at a time when "the state is burning, the issue of Telangana has aroused the sentiments of the people and there is complete anarchy".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok