Jagan back to Chanchalguda jail from NIMS
Hyderabad: YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, prime accused in connection with a case relating to alleged quid-pro-quo investments in his companies, was tonight shifted back to Chanchalguda jail here from the Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS).
Jagan was admitted to NIMS on August 30 following his hunger strike against proposed division of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
Jagan was shifted to the jail by prison authorities amid heavy security, after doctors at NIMS informed them that he was fit for discharge.
Jagan has been lodged at Chanchalguda Central Prison since his arrest by CBI on corruption charges in May last year.
He had launched indefinite fast at the jail on August 25 for united Andhra Pradesh. He is under judicial custody till September 6 in connection with the case.
After he refused to take food at the jail, and in view of his deteriorating health, the jail authorities initially shifted Jagan to Osmania General Hospital and later to NIMS on August 30.
Jagan`s seven-day fast ended on August 31 as NIMS doctors forcibly administered him IV fluids after which his health improved.
A large number of his supporters gathered outside NIMS and raised slogans when Jagan was being shifted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown