Jagan back to Chanchalguda jail from NIMS
Hyderabad: YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, prime accused in connection with a case relating to alleged quid-pro-quo investments in his companies, was tonight shifted back to Chanchalguda jail here from the Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS).
Jagan was admitted to NIMS on August 30 following his hunger strike against proposed division of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
Jagan was shifted to the jail by prison authorities amid heavy security, after doctors at NIMS informed them that he was fit for discharge.
Jagan has been lodged at Chanchalguda Central Prison since his arrest by CBI on corruption charges in May last year.
He had launched indefinite fast at the jail on August 25 for united Andhra Pradesh. He is under judicial custody till September 6 in connection with the case.
After he refused to take food at the jail, and in view of his deteriorating health, the jail authorities initially shifted Jagan to Osmania General Hospital and later to NIMS on August 30.
Jagan`s seven-day fast ended on August 31 as NIMS doctors forcibly administered him IV fluids after which his health improved.
A large number of his supporters gathered outside NIMS and raised slogans when Jagan was being shifted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh