Jagan benefited from sympathy: Chandrababu Naidu
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu said this evening that the victory of YSR Congress in the by-elections in Andhra Pradesh was due to the `sympathy factor`.
"Jagan benefited from the sympathy. But that will only be a temporary gain and the real test will be the 2014 elections," Chandrababu told reporters, in reaction to the by-poll results in which his party was routed in all the 18 Assembly constituencies.
He blamed the ruling Congress for failing to take "timely action" against Jagan over corruption.
"The way in which he was arrested...His mother`s and sister`s campaign all generated some sympathy for Jagan and that helped the YSRC," he said.
The TDP had fought relentlessly on various issues like corruption, agrarian crisis and other problems of the people, he said. "Our target is 2014 and we shall continue to fight on all issues concerning people."
The party would deliberate on the by-election results and take necessary corrective steps, the former Chief Minister said.
Replying to a question on the Presidential election, Chandrababu said the decision on who to support would be taken after a discussion in the politburo tomorrow.
He refused to comment on UPA`s choice of Pranab Mukherjee for the President`s post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?