Jagan can aspire, dream and try to be CM: Rosaiah
New Delhi: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K. Rosaiah Saturday said Congress MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy can dream and aspire for the chief minister`s post and that there is a method to it.
"Jagan is a young boy with a future. He needs proper advice. He can dream, aspire and try for the CM`s post but there is a method to get it," Rosaiah said in an interview to a private TV channel.
"He could`ve waited for sometime and staked his claim," he added.
Son of late Andhra Pradesh chief minister YS Rajashekhara Reddy, Jaganmohan is continuing his controversial `odarpu yatra` (condolence march) defying reservations expressed by the Congress leadership.
However, Rosaiah, who was opposed to the march, said he does not see Jaganmohan`s `condolence march` as a serious matter.
"I don`t think it is a serious matter for the Congress to see it as a defiance," he said.
"Family members of legislators are not barred (from participating). Jagan is not an enemy, he is a member of the Congress. He is an MP," he added, saying he stands by his decision to ask his cabinet colleagues and party legislators to keep away from the march.
Jaganmohan Thursday began his `odarpu yatra` in Andhra Pradesh`s Srikakulam district, attracting huge crowds.
Thousands lined up both sides of the streets and stood on rooftops to welcome him at the start of his three-day campaign in Itchapuram town.
The Kadapa MP unveiled a statue of his father on his birth anniversary and paid floral tributes to him at the site where YSR ended his 68-day `padyatra` in 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- HP's privacy screen secures notebooks from visual hacking
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai receive Khel Ratna award
- Significance of why Lord Shiva wears tiger skin! Read more
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!
- Rajnath Singh to head all-party delegation to Kashmir on September 4