Jagan can aspire, dream and try to be CM: Rosaiah
New Delhi: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K. Rosaiah Saturday said Congress MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy can dream and aspire for the chief minister`s post and that there is a method to it.
"Jagan is a young boy with a future. He needs proper advice. He can dream, aspire and try for the CM`s post but there is a method to get it," Rosaiah said in an interview to a private TV channel.
"He could`ve waited for sometime and staked his claim," he added.
Son of late Andhra Pradesh chief minister YS Rajashekhara Reddy, Jaganmohan is continuing his controversial `odarpu yatra` (condolence march) defying reservations expressed by the Congress leadership.
However, Rosaiah, who was opposed to the march, said he does not see Jaganmohan`s `condolence march` as a serious matter.
"I don`t think it is a serious matter for the Congress to see it as a defiance," he said.
"Family members of legislators are not barred (from participating). Jagan is not an enemy, he is a member of the Congress. He is an MP," he added, saying he stands by his decision to ask his cabinet colleagues and party legislators to keep away from the march.
Jaganmohan Thursday began his `odarpu yatra` in Andhra Pradesh`s Srikakulam district, attracting huge crowds.
Thousands lined up both sides of the streets and stood on rooftops to welcome him at the start of his three-day campaign in Itchapuram town.
The Kadapa MP unveiled a statue of his father on his birth anniversary and paid floral tributes to him at the site where YSR ended his 68-day `padyatra` in 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered