Jagan can aspire, dream and try to be CM: Rosaiah
New Delhi: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K. Rosaiah Saturday said Congress MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy can dream and aspire for the chief minister`s post and that there is a method to it.
"Jagan is a young boy with a future. He needs proper advice. He can dream, aspire and try for the CM`s post but there is a method to get it," Rosaiah said in an interview to a private TV channel.
"He could`ve waited for sometime and staked his claim," he added.
Son of late Andhra Pradesh chief minister YS Rajashekhara Reddy, Jaganmohan is continuing his controversial `odarpu yatra` (condolence march) defying reservations expressed by the Congress leadership.
However, Rosaiah, who was opposed to the march, said he does not see Jaganmohan`s `condolence march` as a serious matter.
"I don`t think it is a serious matter for the Congress to see it as a defiance," he said.
"Family members of legislators are not barred (from participating). Jagan is not an enemy, he is a member of the Congress. He is an MP," he added, saying he stands by his decision to ask his cabinet colleagues and party legislators to keep away from the march.
Jaganmohan Thursday began his `odarpu yatra` in Andhra Pradesh`s Srikakulam district, attracting huge crowds.
Thousands lined up both sides of the streets and stood on rooftops to welcome him at the start of his three-day campaign in Itchapuram town.
The Kadapa MP unveiled a statue of his father on his birth anniversary and paid floral tributes to him at the site where YSR ended his 68-day `padyatra` in 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown