Jagan can aspire, dream and try to be CM: Rosaiah
New Delhi: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K. Rosaiah Saturday said Congress MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy can dream and aspire for the chief minister`s post and that there is a method to it.
"Jagan is a young boy with a future. He needs proper advice. He can dream, aspire and try for the CM`s post but there is a method to get it," Rosaiah said in an interview to a private TV channel.
"He could`ve waited for sometime and staked his claim," he added.
Son of late Andhra Pradesh chief minister YS Rajashekhara Reddy, Jaganmohan is continuing his controversial `odarpu yatra` (condolence march) defying reservations expressed by the Congress leadership.
However, Rosaiah, who was opposed to the march, said he does not see Jaganmohan`s `condolence march` as a serious matter.
"I don`t think it is a serious matter for the Congress to see it as a defiance," he said.
"Family members of legislators are not barred (from participating). Jagan is not an enemy, he is a member of the Congress. He is an MP," he added, saying he stands by his decision to ask his cabinet colleagues and party legislators to keep away from the march.
Jaganmohan Thursday began his `odarpu yatra` in Andhra Pradesh`s Srikakulam district, attracting huge crowds.
Thousands lined up both sides of the streets and stood on rooftops to welcome him at the start of his three-day campaign in Itchapuram town.
The Kadapa MP unveiled a statue of his father on his birth anniversary and paid floral tributes to him at the site where YSR ended his 68-day `padyatra` in 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan