‘Jagan can’t claim credit for welfare programs’
Hyderabad: Dismissing the criticism of Kadapa MP YS Jagan Mohan Reddy that the Congress government in Andhra Pradesh is not effectively implementing the welfare schemes launched by his late father YS Rajasekhara Reddy, senior Congress leaders on Sunday asked how the YSR Congress president can claim credit for the welfare programmes.
"With a political motive, he (Jagan) is misleading people by saying that the welfare programmes are not being implemented. How can he claim credit for such programmes? The money earned by you can be yours, but not the welfare programmes. Rajasekhara Reddy cannot be yours," state Agriculture Minister Kanna Lakshminarayana said in Guntur district.
Senior Congress Rajya Sabha member V Hanumantha Rao wondered how can the Kadapa MP say that the Central schemes like rural employment scheme were launched by his father.
Jagan often alleged that the Congress government has failed to effectively implement the welfare schemes like Arogya Sri health insurance scheme, social security pensions among others launched by late Rajasekhara Reddy.
Though the chief minister said that the government has not done away with the YSR welfare schemes, let the government spell out as to what it has done for farmers with the onset of monsoon close-by and the month of June is fast approaching, YSR Congress spokesperson Bajireddy Govardhan has said recently.
While the farmers, women, students and other sections are left in the lurch, Congress has tied-up with TDP to sling mud on YS Jagan Mohan Reddy. The fact can be verified by the echo statements Congress leaders are making after they originate from the TDP camp, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic