Jagan case: AP minister appears before CBI court
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Minister for Roads and Buildings Dharmana Prasada Rao, an accused in the case pertaining to alleged quid-pro-quo deals involving YSR Congress party president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, on Tuesday appeared before a special CBI court here.
The minister and two senior IAS officers, also accused in the case appeared before the court of principal special judge for CBI cases which had earlier summoned them after taking cognisance of the fourth chargesheet filed against Rao and senior bureaucrats -- Manmohan Singh and M Samuel -- besides the Kadapa MP.
The court had also directed all the 14 accused named in the chargesheet to appear before it today.
The charge sheet pertains to VANPIC project, whose promoter (industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad), allegedly invested Rs 854 crore in the companies belonging to Jagan towards a largesse for which the then AP government, led by late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, doled out many favours in the form of awarding the project.
Dharmana was named as accused number 5 in the Vanpic aspect of the Jagan assets case in the charge sheet that was filed before the trial court by the CBI on August 14. He was the revenue minister in the YSR regime between 2004-2009 including the period when the Vanpic project was conceived.
It was alleged that as revenue minister in 2008-09, "Dharmana Prasada Rao played a key role in fixing low market price for the Vanpic land and acted more in connivance with another accused Nimmagadda Prasad."
The minister has already submitted his resignation to Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, though it was yet to be accepted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’