Jagan case: CBI files 4th chargesheet; 1st AP minister named
Hyderabad: A sitting minister in Andhra Pradesh--Dharmana Prasada Rao--was for the first time named in a chargesheet--the fourth--filed by CBI today in the disproportionate assets case against YSR Congress Chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy.
Besides Rao, the Minister for Roads and Buildings, Jagan, former Minister Mopidevi Venkatramana Rao, two senior IAS officers -- Manmohan Singh and M Samuel--are also among the 14 people who figured in the fresh chargesheet by CBI which is probing the corruption charges against the Kadapa MP.
Dharmana(accused no 5) and Mopidevi(accused no 4) were the Ministers for Revenue and Infrastructure and Investment respectively in the Y S Rajashekhara Reddy government.
The opposition was quick to seek the resignation or dismissal of Dharmana from the Cabinet following the chargesheet filed against him.
Dharmana was not available for comments while there were no indications from the government yet that he might be dropped or asked to resign from the Cabinet.
Mopidevi, who served as minister in the Kiran Kumar Reddy Cabinet as well, was arrested in May this year in connection with the case. He resigned as Excise Minister following the arrest and has been lodged in Chanchalguda prison here.
The 177-page chargesheet citing around 280 documents besides statements of witnesses was filed in the Court of Principal Special Judge for CBI cases here and it relates to investigations into land allotments for the ambitious Vadrevu and Nizampatnam Ports & Industrial Corridor (VANPIC) project as part of the probe against Jagan.
VANPIC`s promoter( industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad) allegedly invested Rs 854 crore in the companies belonging to Jagan as a largesse for which the then government headed by late Rajasekhara Reddy allegedly doled out many favours including awarding the project.
The chargesheet also named Jagan`s financial advisor V Vijay Sai Reddy, Nimmagadda Prasad alias Matrix Prasad, senior bureaucrat K V Brahmananda Reddy (presently under judicial custody), Nimmagadda Prakash, VANPIC Projects Pvt Ltd, Jagati Publications Pvt Ltd, Raghuram Cement Corporation Pvt Ltd and Bharati Cement Corporation Pvt Ltd, Carmel Asia Holdings Pvt Ltd and Silicon Builders Pvt Ltd.
They were booked for alleged offences of criminal conspiracy, cheating and other relevant sections of IPC and other provisions of Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door