Jagan case: ED allowed access to chargesheets
Hyderabad: A special CBI court on Thursday granted the Enforcement Directorate (ED) access to certified copies of second and third charge sheets filed by the central agency in connection with the disproportionate assets case involving YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy.
The ED, which has registered separate cases under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) and Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) against the Kadapa MP, is also probing alleged contravention of foreign exchange rules in his financial transactions and investments.
The court had last month allowed the ED`s petition seeking copies of the charge sheet and related documents (pertaining to the DA case) after it had taken cognisance of the first charge sheet.
Investigating the alleged disproportionate assets of Jagan, the CBI has so far filed three charge sheets (on March 31, April 23 and May 7) against Jagan and others for allegedly getting investments worth several crores from various business firms into his businesses as part of quid-pro-quo when his father (late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy) was the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh.
Now after having access to the charge sheets, the ED is likely to file an application in the court here to question the 39-year-old MP, with regard to financial dealings in various firms run by him and other investments he and his companies allegedly made overseas.
The Directorate wants to record his statement under PMLA and also confront him with documents gathered by the agency during its probe till now, the ED sources had earlier said.
Meanwhile, the ED plea to question the accused in judicial custody in connection with the Jagan case, Emaar and OMC case involving former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, was posted to June 14 by the court.
Suspended IAS officer Y Srilkashmi, an accused in OMC case and another suspended IAS officer B P Acharya, who is an accused in Emaar and Jagan case among others, had opposed the ED move for their grilling in prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read