Jagan case: ED given access to CBI chargesheet
Hyderabad: A CBI Special court here on Thursday permitted the Enforcement Directorate (ED) to have access to copies and related documents of the first chargesheet filed by CBI in connection with an alleged disproportionate assets case involving Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
The ED had earlier filed a petition in the court seeking copies of the chargesheet and related documents after the court took cognisance of the chargesheet.
The CBI, investigating into alleged disproportionate assets of the YSR Congress Chief, had filed its first chargesheet against Jagan and 12 others accusing him of getting investments worth several crores from various business firms into his businesses as part of quid-pro-quo when his father (late YS Rajasekhara Reddy) was the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh.
The ED has registered a case under the provisions of Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) against Jagan and is also probing alleged contravention of foreign exchange rules in his financial transactions and investments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days