Jagan case: ED given access to CBI chargesheet
Hyderabad: A CBI Special court here on Thursday permitted the Enforcement Directorate (ED) to have access to copies and related documents of the first chargesheet filed by CBI in connection with an alleged disproportionate assets case involving Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
The ED had earlier filed a petition in the court seeking copies of the chargesheet and related documents after the court took cognisance of the chargesheet.
The CBI, investigating into alleged disproportionate assets of the YSR Congress Chief, had filed its first chargesheet against Jagan and 12 others accusing him of getting investments worth several crores from various business firms into his businesses as part of quid-pro-quo when his father (late YS Rajasekhara Reddy) was the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh.
The ED has registered a case under the provisions of Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) against Jagan and is also probing alleged contravention of foreign exchange rules in his financial transactions and investments.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij