Jagan case: Industrialist Prasad sent to CBI custody
Hyderabad: A special court Thursday remanded leading industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and bureaucrat KV Brahmananda Reddy to Central Bureau of Investigation`s (CBI) custody for 10 days in YSR Congress party leader YS Jaganmohan Reddy`s illegal assets case.
The court for CBI cases directed the investigating agency not to use third-degree methods and question the accused in the presence of their lawyers every day between 9.30 a.m. and 5.30 p.m.
The CBI had arrested both Prasad and Reddy Tuesday. The next day, the court sent them to judicial custody till May 30. The CBI had sought their custody for 14 days to further interrogate them.
Earlier, Prasad`s lawyer opposed the CBI petition and voiced apprehension that the agency might use "third-degree" or coercive methods on his client during the interrogation.
Prasad is the 12th accused in the case and the CBI alleged that he invested over Rs.500 crore in the companies of Jaganmohan Reddy in return for the concessions he received for Vanpic port project from his father and then chief minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Suicide bombings in Baghdad: Over 20 killed, 50 injured in series of attacks
- Know why PM Narendra Modi is asking for your support for particular task - WATCH
- Nepali Congress halts House over ''budget leak''
- Here's what Yuvraj Singh said after his long wait for IPL trophy ended
- Meet 'Haryana ki Sherni' Anushka Sharma from 'Sultan'! See LATEST pic