Jagan case: Industrialist Prasad sent to CBI custody
Hyderabad: A special court Thursday remanded leading industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and bureaucrat KV Brahmananda Reddy to Central Bureau of Investigation`s (CBI) custody for 10 days in YSR Congress party leader YS Jaganmohan Reddy`s illegal assets case.
The court for CBI cases directed the investigating agency not to use third-degree methods and question the accused in the presence of their lawyers every day between 9.30 a.m. and 5.30 p.m.
The CBI had arrested both Prasad and Reddy Tuesday. The next day, the court sent them to judicial custody till May 30. The CBI had sought their custody for 14 days to further interrogate them.
Earlier, Prasad`s lawyer opposed the CBI petition and voiced apprehension that the agency might use "third-degree" or coercive methods on his client during the interrogation.
Prasad is the 12th accused in the case and the CBI alleged that he invested over Rs.500 crore in the companies of Jaganmohan Reddy in return for the concessions he received for Vanpic port project from his father and then chief minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price