Jagan challenged to let media inspect his mansions
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Congress president Botsa Satyanarayana on Monday challenged YSR Congress president and Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy to let the media personnel inspect his palatial houses located in Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Pulivendula to determine how huge they were.
Addressing a press conference at Gandhi Bhavan here this afternoon after completing the first round of election campaigning, Botsa defended Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy`s allegation that Jagan lived in a 70-room mansion in Hyderabad and thus had no concern for the poor.
"Yes, Jagan owns palatial buildings in Hyderabad, Pulivendula (his hometown) and Bengaluru. Let him allow the media personnel to inspect the houses and if our charge is proved wrong we will rectify it", Botsa said.
The Chief Minister and PCC chief have been targeting Jagan personally as part of the campaigning for the by-elections slated for June 12. Jagan`s palatial houses and his lavish style, apart from the corruption charges and "criminal links", are being used as weapons by Congress leaders to hit at the YSR Congress president, who has emerged as their biggest political threat.
"We are explaining to voters how Jagan amassed huge wealth through illegal means. We are able to convince the people", Botsa claimed.
Jagan had no policies of his own and was trumpeting the Congress programmes as his own, the PCC president alleged.
The by-elections to 18 Assembly constituencies and one Lok Sabha seat could not be a "referendum" on the State Congress government, but they were a battle between "deceitful and corrupt" forces (read Jagan) and "honest and welfare-oriented" forces.
"Our agenda is only welfare and development and the Congress is the only pro-poor party", Botsa added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings