Jagan continues fast despite deteriorating health
Hyderabad: YSR Congress party YS Jaganmohan Reddy`s indefinite fast against the Centre`s decision to divide Andhra Pradesh entered fifth day on Wednesday even as his condition continued to deteriorate.
Jagan, as the MP from Kadapa is popularly known, is suffering from dehydration and is having fever, doctors who examined him said.
With the young leader turning weak and the sugar level coming down, doctors have advised him to take fluids. They warned that if he continues the fast, he may slip into coma. Jagan is also refusing to take fluids or any medicines.
People from different parts of the state continue to pour in at his office-cum-residence at Lotus Pond to meet and declare their support.
Jagan is demanding the Centre withdraw its decision to carve out separate Telangana state. He argued that a state can`t be divided without a resolution being a passed in the state Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit, a sign of anti-elite revolt: analysts
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh had a bitter fall-out on their Paris vacay? - Details inside
- Jayalalithaa urges PM Narendra Modi to get fishermen released from Sri Lanka
- 'Girl boss': Sushmita Sen's weekend getaway with her adorable daughters!
- Getting out of bad relationship good for your health