Jagan continues fast despite deteriorating health
Hyderabad: YSR Congress party YS Jaganmohan Reddy`s indefinite fast against the Centre`s decision to divide Andhra Pradesh entered fifth day on Wednesday even as his condition continued to deteriorate.
Jagan, as the MP from Kadapa is popularly known, is suffering from dehydration and is having fever, doctors who examined him said.
With the young leader turning weak and the sugar level coming down, doctors have advised him to take fluids. They warned that if he continues the fast, he may slip into coma. Jagan is also refusing to take fluids or any medicines.
People from different parts of the state continue to pour in at his office-cum-residence at Lotus Pond to meet and declare their support.
Jagan is demanding the Centre withdraw its decision to carve out separate Telangana state. He argued that a state can`t be divided without a resolution being a passed in the state Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed