Jagan continues fast despite deteriorating health
Hyderabad: YSR Congress party YS Jaganmohan Reddy`s indefinite fast against the Centre`s decision to divide Andhra Pradesh entered fifth day on Wednesday even as his condition continued to deteriorate.
Jagan, as the MP from Kadapa is popularly known, is suffering from dehydration and is having fever, doctors who examined him said.
With the young leader turning weak and the sugar level coming down, doctors have advised him to take fluids. They warned that if he continues the fast, he may slip into coma. Jagan is also refusing to take fluids or any medicines.
People from different parts of the state continue to pour in at his office-cum-residence at Lotus Pond to meet and declare their support.
Jagan is demanding the Centre withdraw its decision to carve out separate Telangana state. He argued that a state can`t be divided without a resolution being a passed in the state Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users