Jagan continues fast despite deteriorating health
Hyderabad: YSR Congress party YS Jaganmohan Reddy`s indefinite fast against the Centre`s decision to divide Andhra Pradesh entered fifth day on Wednesday even as his condition continued to deteriorate.
Jagan, as the MP from Kadapa is popularly known, is suffering from dehydration and is having fever, doctors who examined him said.
With the young leader turning weak and the sugar level coming down, doctors have advised him to take fluids. They warned that if he continues the fast, he may slip into coma. Jagan is also refusing to take fluids or any medicines.
People from different parts of the state continue to pour in at his office-cum-residence at Lotus Pond to meet and declare their support.
Jagan is demanding the Centre withdraw its decision to carve out separate Telangana state. He argued that a state can`t be divided without a resolution being a passed in the state Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof