Jagan denies reports of altercation with uncle
Hyderabad: Former Congress MP Y S Jagan
Mohan Reddy tonight said there is "no truth" in reports that
he and his uncle Y S Vivekananda Reddy had an altercation
during a meeting in native Kadapa district.
"I was surprised over media reports that an
altercation and a scuffle took place between me and my uncle Y
S Vivekananda Reddy. It is true a discussion took place in the
presence of our family members last Tuesday and that there was
no unanimity of views. There is nothing wrong in writing that.
"But it is not correct to write speculative stories
when no altercation and scuffle took place between us. I was
pained over Sonia Gandhiji using my uncle to split our family.
But I would always have respect for my uncle. I consider him
as our family member," he said in a statement here.
Vivekananda Reddy, younger brother of late Chief
Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, was today inducted into the
state cabinet. He is the lone member from the Legislative
Council to be made a minister.
Two days ago, Vivekananda Reddy had said he will
remain a Congressman forever and that he is ready to contest
the bypolls for the seats vacated by Jagan and his mother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself