Jagan has lost mental balance: AP CM
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Wednesday brushed aside YSR Congress president YS Jaganmohan Reddy’s claim that the Congress and the TDP were conspiring to get the by-elections slated for June 12 postponed, saying the MP has "lost his mental balance."
"It only proves that he (Jagan) has lost his mental balance. It’s ludicrous that the MP doesn’t even know that elections are conducted by the Election Commission and the state and Central governments have no say in it," Kiran Kumar observed in Tirupati on Wednesday.
The Chief Minister said Jagan owed an explanation to people as to how he amassed "thousands of crores of rupees".
The Kadapa MP had alleged yesterday that the Congress and the TDP, in concert with the CBI, conspired to foment trouble in the state and get the by-elections postponed out of fear of losing security deposits.
He had also alleged that Union Minister Vayalar Ravi, the Chief Minister and TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu were party to the conspiracy to get him arrested in three-four days in the disproportionate assets case.
"Chandrababu is my rival. Joining hands with him would not happen in this lifetime," Kiran remarked.
On the other hand, Chandrababu Naidu launched a counter-attack against Jagan and Kiran Kumar accusing them of being involved in a "match-fixing" deal.
"Jagan was not arrested so far only because of the match-fixing," Chandrababu alleged.
Pradesh Congress Committee president Botsa Satyanarayana also mocked at Jagan’s claims.
"How would Jagan know that he would be arrested in four days? Probably, he might have realized his guilt," Botsa quipped.
Other Congress leaders like School Education Minister S Sailajanath also hit back at the YSR Congress president saying the latter was only trying to garner voters’ sympathy for the by-elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves