Jagan holds 2nd meet over no-confidence motion
Hyderabad: A day before the no-confidence motion against the ruling Congress government in Andhra Pradesh is taken up in the assembly, Kadapa MP and YSR
Congress chief YS Jagan Mohan Reddy held a second meeting with MLAs loyal to him.
Talking to reporters about the meeting, attended by 15 legislators, mostly belonging to the Congress, Sobha Nagi Reddy, a staunch Jagan loyalist and rebel MLA of Praja Rajayam Party, said, attempts are being made to wean away MLAs from the Jagan camp.
A similar meeting, held by Jagan yesterday was attended by 22 MLAs.
Asked how many Jagan loyalists would vote against the government, she said, "You will come to know, when the hands are raised tomorrow (at the time of voting)".
Replying to a query whether the number of MLAs supporting Jagan is coming down, she said, the MLAs need not be paraded all the time.
She said that the intention of the Jagan loyalists was not to destabilise the government, but to protest against the alleged non-implementation of the welfare schemes launched by former chief minister late YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
"The meeting was not a formal one but, the MLAs came as they support Jagan," she said.
Jagan had earlier said that MLAs loyal to him would vote against the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?