Jagan in a hurry to become CM, says Cong leader
Hyderabad: The war of words between
loyalists of Congress MP Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy and senior
party leaders intensified today with former minister Palvai
Govardhan Reddy alleging that the Kadapa MP is in a hurry to
become the Chief Minister.
"He (Jagan) is irresponsible. He is in a hurry to
become the chief minister. You can inherit your father`s
properties but how can you inherit a political post?"
Govardhan, who has been critical of Jagan, told reporters.
Govardhan, who was elected to the assembly and
Legislative Council several times, took exception to the
critical remarks made against party leadership and Chief
Minister K Rosaiah by Congress MLA Konda Surekha, a known
loyalist of Jagan.
"Surekha should first decide whether she is in
Congress or not," he said.
Claiming that Congress in Andhra Pradesh lacked a
charismatic leader like late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, Surekha
had yesterday demanded that Jagan be handed over the reins of
"Congress in the state does not have a charismatic
leader like Y S Rajasekhara Reddy. It is only because of the
welfare schemes initiated by him that people voted for
Congress in the recent by-elections. We are demanding that Y S
Jagan Mohan Reddy be given the party`s leadership in the
state," Surekha has said.
Without naming Rosaiah, Surekha had decried his style
of functioning and found fault with the way welfare and
development schemes are being implemented.
Surekha, who quit as minister last year in support of
the demand to make Jagan as Chief Minister, has dashed off an
11-page letter to Congress president Sonia Gandhi explaining
Meanwhile, two other senior leaders P Shankar Rao and
K R Amos also took exception to the remarks of Surekha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family