Jagan in jail, mother seeks PM`s intervention
Hyderabad: Alleging that the CBI is harassing her son Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy, YSR Congress honorary president Y S Vijaya Lakshmi has urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to direct the investigating agency to "follow the rule book".
In a letter to the Prime Minister, she said, "Sir, I have very simple questions for the complex situation created in the state by the CBI, which is answerable to you and your Cabinet. The intention is very much visible of political conspiracy and harassment".
She asked why the CBI never called Jagan in the nine months since it began the probe and did so just 15 days before the bypolls.
"Keeping Y S Jagan away from people that too when the political opponents have been taking undue advantage of his absence in the campaigning is unfair and unjust and CBI, which works under your governance, should be admonished for its wanton functioning", she said.
The AP government and the investigation agencies have "unleashed vindictive methodology" by freezing the bank accounts of Sakshi media group promoted by Jagan, she claimed.
"No minister or an IAS officer can say that Jagan has ever contacted them nor did he set his foot in the State Secretariat or even the CM`s Camp Office, how can you say he influenced the Cabinet?" she added.
She urged the Prime Minister to intervene in the matter and "direct the CBI to follow the rule book".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi