Jagan in jail, mother seeks PM`s intervention
Hyderabad: Alleging that the CBI is harassing her son Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy, YSR Congress honorary president Y S Vijaya Lakshmi has urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to direct the investigating agency to "follow the rule book".
In a letter to the Prime Minister, she said, "Sir, I have very simple questions for the complex situation created in the state by the CBI, which is answerable to you and your Cabinet. The intention is very much visible of political conspiracy and harassment".
She asked why the CBI never called Jagan in the nine months since it began the probe and did so just 15 days before the bypolls.
"Keeping Y S Jagan away from people that too when the political opponents have been taking undue advantage of his absence in the campaigning is unfair and unjust and CBI, which works under your governance, should be admonished for its wanton functioning", she said.
The AP government and the investigation agencies have "unleashed vindictive methodology" by freezing the bank accounts of Sakshi media group promoted by Jagan, she claimed.
"No minister or an IAS officer can say that Jagan has ever contacted them nor did he set his foot in the State Secretariat or even the CM`s Camp Office, how can you say he influenced the Cabinet?" she added.
She urged the Prime Minister to intervene in the matter and "direct the CBI to follow the rule book".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India