Jagan in jail, mother seeks PM`s intervention
Hyderabad: Alleging that the CBI is harassing her son Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy, YSR Congress honorary president Y S Vijaya Lakshmi has urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to direct the investigating agency to "follow the rule book".
In a letter to the Prime Minister, she said, "Sir, I have very simple questions for the complex situation created in the state by the CBI, which is answerable to you and your Cabinet. The intention is very much visible of political conspiracy and harassment".
She asked why the CBI never called Jagan in the nine months since it began the probe and did so just 15 days before the bypolls.
"Keeping Y S Jagan away from people that too when the political opponents have been taking undue advantage of his absence in the campaigning is unfair and unjust and CBI, which works under your governance, should be admonished for its wanton functioning", she said.
The AP government and the investigation agencies have "unleashed vindictive methodology" by freezing the bank accounts of Sakshi media group promoted by Jagan, she claimed.
"No minister or an IAS officer can say that Jagan has ever contacted them nor did he set his foot in the State Secretariat or even the CM`s Camp Office, how can you say he influenced the Cabinet?" she added.
She urged the Prime Minister to intervene in the matter and "direct the CBI to follow the rule book".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Sunil Munjal to step down from Hero MotoCorp Board on August 16
- 'Munnabhai' third part delayed due to Sanjay Dutt biopic: Arshad Warsi
- Companies likely to raise about $75 bn through issuance of green bonds in 2016
- Mayawati slur row: No relief for expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh from Allahabad HC
- OMG! 'Naagin' Mouni Roy has a doppelganger in another TV actress—Picture proof inside