Jagan likely to file nomination for Kadapa by-poll on April 15
Hyderabad: Former Congress MP YS Jagan Mohan Reddy is likely to file his nomination for the Kadapa Lok Sabha constituency by-polls on April 15.
His mother YS Vijayalakshmi would file the nomination from Pulivendula Assembly seat on April 16, sources said here today.
The by-polls are scheduled to be held on May 8.
The by-polls are necessitated as Jagan and his mother after leaving the Congress party quit as MP and MLA from Kadapa Lok Sabha and Pulivendula assembly constituency respectively in November.
Jagan’s uncle and state Agriculture Minister YS Vivekananda Reddy is likely to be the ruling Congress
candidate from Pulivendula while the party is still looking for a competitive nominee to contest against Jagan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- On eve of Greece visit, Putin says problems with EU can be solved
- President Mukherjee lists 8 steps to resolve issues between India, China
- READ: What Ashish Nehra has to say about his Viral Photo with Virat Kohli
- Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders ''seemingly'' agree to a debate
- Taiwan angry over `emotional` female president comments