Jagan likely to file nomination for Kadapa by-poll on April 15
Hyderabad: Former Congress MP YS Jagan Mohan Reddy is likely to file his nomination for the Kadapa Lok Sabha constituency by-polls on April 15.
His mother YS Vijayalakshmi would file the nomination from Pulivendula Assembly seat on April 16, sources said here today.
The by-polls are scheduled to be held on May 8.
The by-polls are necessitated as Jagan and his mother after leaving the Congress party quit as MP and MLA from Kadapa Lok Sabha and Pulivendula assembly constituency respectively in November.
Jagan’s uncle and state Agriculture Minister YS Vivekananda Reddy is likely to be the ruling Congress
candidate from Pulivendula while the party is still looking for a competitive nominee to contest against Jagan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- PHOTO (Inside): Not for the faint-hearted! Saina Nehwal shares image of her knee's broken bone
- 'Domestic airfares to decline at lower rate in Q2'
- US, Ukraine to conduct observation flights over Russia
- 25-year-old woman gang-raped, two arrested
- How to dress like a star within your budget! Get tips right away