Jagan may not be discharged at least for another day
Hyderabad: YSR Congress president YS Jaganmohan Reddy, who was shifted to a hospital here following his five-day hunger strike against the proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, may not be discharged on Friday, doctors said.
"Jaganmohan Reddy was forcibly administered IV fluids with police help after his admission last night. His health condition is still a bit painful as he held fast for the second time within a short span of time."
"His ketone bodies are still high. Our team of doctors is spending maximum time and trying for his recovery," a doctor from the state-run Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) here told the reporters today.
Police last night removed Jagan from the venue of his indefinite hunger strike as doctors voiced concern about his deteriorating health.
A team of policemen swooped down on Jagan`s house in posh Jubilee Hills area late last night, lifted him and put him in an ambulance.
The Kadapa MP began his indefinite fast on October 5 in support of united Andhra Pradesh and doctors advised yesterday that he should call it off as his blood sugar levels and other parameters were worrisome.
Though Jagan wanted to continue his fast even after being admitted to the hospital, he was forcibly administered treatment in view of his condition.
Jagan had launched a hunger strike -- on the same issue -- while in jail here last month, and then too he was forced to break it when he was hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs