Jagan may not be discharged at least for another day
Hyderabad: YSR Congress president YS Jaganmohan Reddy, who was shifted to a hospital here following his five-day hunger strike against the proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, may not be discharged on Friday, doctors said.
"Jaganmohan Reddy was forcibly administered IV fluids with police help after his admission last night. His health condition is still a bit painful as he held fast for the second time within a short span of time."
"His ketone bodies are still high. Our team of doctors is spending maximum time and trying for his recovery," a doctor from the state-run Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) here told the reporters today.
Police last night removed Jagan from the venue of his indefinite hunger strike as doctors voiced concern about his deteriorating health.
A team of policemen swooped down on Jagan`s house in posh Jubilee Hills area late last night, lifted him and put him in an ambulance.
The Kadapa MP began his indefinite fast on October 5 in support of united Andhra Pradesh and doctors advised yesterday that he should call it off as his blood sugar levels and other parameters were worrisome.
Though Jagan wanted to continue his fast even after being admitted to the hospital, he was forcibly administered treatment in view of his condition.
Jagan had launched a hunger strike -- on the same issue -- while in jail here last month, and then too he was forced to break it when he was hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!