Jagan misguided court while seeking bail in DA case: CBI
Hyderabad: CBI, probing the corruption charges against jailed YSR Congress leader YS Jaganmohan Reddy, on Friday accused him of misguiding a special court here while seeking bail "by giving a different interpretation of the apex court`s order".
Earlier on October 5, the special CBI court had dismissed his bail plea.
Opposing the fresh bail applications of Jagan, CBI Deputy Legal Advisor Balla Ravindranath argued before the Court of Principal Special Judge for CBI Cases here that the petitioner (Jagan) was not entitled to get any relief at this stage in view of the Supreme Court order, which upheld the submissions of the central agency that the investigations were still on in connection with seven matters related to the case.
The apex court, while dismissing Jagan`s bail petition had directed that the petitioner was open to renew his bail before the trial court "on completion of the investigation by the CBI on the seven matters," Ravindranath pointed out.
"The petitioner is misguiding this court regarding the grant of bail despite clear orders of the Supreme Court," the CBI DLA contended and further submitted that in view of the orders passed by the Supreme Court on October 5, "the accused cannot give a different interpretation of the order" and the bail petitions filed by Jagan are not maintainable in law and liable to be dismissed.
The Kadapa MP, presently under judicial remand and lodged in the Chanchalguda Central Prison here since his arrest on May 27 by the CBI on corruption charges, had on November 16, filed two separate petitions in the court seeking bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo