Jagan misguided court while seeking bail in DA case: CBI
Hyderabad: CBI, probing the corruption charges against jailed YSR Congress leader YS Jaganmohan Reddy, on Friday accused him of misguiding a special court here while seeking bail "by giving a different interpretation of the apex court`s order".
Earlier on October 5, the special CBI court had dismissed his bail plea.
Opposing the fresh bail applications of Jagan, CBI Deputy Legal Advisor Balla Ravindranath argued before the Court of Principal Special Judge for CBI Cases here that the petitioner (Jagan) was not entitled to get any relief at this stage in view of the Supreme Court order, which upheld the submissions of the central agency that the investigations were still on in connection with seven matters related to the case.
The apex court, while dismissing Jagan`s bail petition had directed that the petitioner was open to renew his bail before the trial court "on completion of the investigation by the CBI on the seven matters," Ravindranath pointed out.
"The petitioner is misguiding this court regarding the grant of bail despite clear orders of the Supreme Court," the CBI DLA contended and further submitted that in view of the orders passed by the Supreme Court on October 5, "the accused cannot give a different interpretation of the order" and the bail petitions filed by Jagan are not maintainable in law and liable to be dismissed.
The Kadapa MP, presently under judicial remand and lodged in the Chanchalguda Central Prison here since his arrest on May 27 by the CBI on corruption charges, had on November 16, filed two separate petitions in the court seeking bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured