Jagan moves High Court for bail
Hyderabad: YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy today moved the Andhra Pradesh High Court seeking bail.
The court is likely to hear the application tomorrow.
The Kadapa MP says in the bail plea that he has never interfered with CBI`s investigation or influenced any witnesses since the FIR was registered against him last August.
The special CBI court here had dismissed the bail plea on June 1, on the ground that he (being an MP and president of a political party) was in the position to tamper with evidence and influence the witnesses.
Jagan was arrested by CBI on corruption charges on May 27 and is presently at the Chanchalguda Central Prison here.
The CBI has accused him of getting huge investments from various individuals and firms into his businesses as quid-pro-quo for the favours granted by government when his father was the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III