Jagan moves High Court for bail
Hyderabad: YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy today moved the Andhra Pradesh High Court seeking bail.
The court is likely to hear the application tomorrow.
The Kadapa MP says in the bail plea that he has never interfered with CBI`s investigation or influenced any witnesses since the FIR was registered against him last August.
The special CBI court here had dismissed the bail plea on June 1, on the ground that he (being an MP and president of a political party) was in the position to tamper with evidence and influence the witnesses.
Jagan was arrested by CBI on corruption charges on May 27 and is presently at the Chanchalguda Central Prison here.
The CBI has accused him of getting huge investments from various individuals and firms into his businesses as quid-pro-quo for the favours granted by government when his father was the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani