Jagan not to destabilise Andhra Pradesh govt: Cong MLAs
Hyderabad: Congress leaders and MLAs close
to Jaganmohan Reddy, who resigned from the Lok Sabha and
announced his decision to quit the party, today said the
former Kadapa MP has no intention to destabilise the Andhra
Pradesh government as it was formed by his father YSR Reddy.
Congress MLAs P Srikanth Reddy, Konda Surekha and
Jagan`s close confidante Ambati Rambabu told reporters that
the former Kadapa MP has asked MLAs not to quit their posts.
"Jagan has told MLAs not to resign. The MLAs are not
quitting", Srikanth Reddy, MLA from Kadapa district said.
"Jagan has clearly told MLAs not to resign from their
posts. He has also told them not to trouble the government.
Because it is Rajasekhara Reddy`s government though he is not
alive. We do`nt want to destabilise the government", Ambati
Rambabu said, adding Jagan himself would announce his future
course of action, he said.
The former Congress MP is leaving for Kadapa district
tonight to pay his respects at his father`s `Samadhi` situated
inside the family estate at Idupulapaya. He would return to
Hyderabad after two days.
Though dismissing reports that Jagan would float a
regional outfit, Rambabu said he was upset with the behaviour
of the high command since the death of his father Rajasekhara
"The high command prevented MLAs and MPs from taking part
in `Vodarpu Yatra`. They called his uncle Vivekananda Reddy to
Delhi and offered him cabinet berth. Are they trying to divide
the family? He has been forced to take this decision. This is
a sad day for Congress", Rambabu added.
Congres MP from Nellore Mekapati Rajamohan Reddy also
came to Jagan`s residence and evaded a specific reply when
asked if he would resign in support of Jagan.
The Lok Sabha member has earlier participated in Jagan`s
Vodarpu Yatra in Nellore district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter