Jagan not to destabilise Andhra Pradesh govt: Cong MLAs
Hyderabad: Congress leaders and MLAs close
to Jaganmohan Reddy, who resigned from the Lok Sabha and
announced his decision to quit the party, today said the
former Kadapa MP has no intention to destabilise the Andhra
Pradesh government as it was formed by his father YSR Reddy.
Congress MLAs P Srikanth Reddy, Konda Surekha and
Jagan`s close confidante Ambati Rambabu told reporters that
the former Kadapa MP has asked MLAs not to quit their posts.
"Jagan has told MLAs not to resign. The MLAs are not
quitting", Srikanth Reddy, MLA from Kadapa district said.
"Jagan has clearly told MLAs not to resign from their
posts. He has also told them not to trouble the government.
Because it is Rajasekhara Reddy`s government though he is not
alive. We do`nt want to destabilise the government", Ambati
Rambabu said, adding Jagan himself would announce his future
course of action, he said.
The former Congress MP is leaving for Kadapa district
tonight to pay his respects at his father`s `Samadhi` situated
inside the family estate at Idupulapaya. He would return to
Hyderabad after two days.
Though dismissing reports that Jagan would float a
regional outfit, Rambabu said he was upset with the behaviour
of the high command since the death of his father Rajasekhara
"The high command prevented MLAs and MPs from taking part
in `Vodarpu Yatra`. They called his uncle Vivekananda Reddy to
Delhi and offered him cabinet berth. Are they trying to divide
the family? He has been forced to take this decision. This is
a sad day for Congress", Rambabu added.
Congres MP from Nellore Mekapati Rajamohan Reddy also
came to Jagan`s residence and evaded a specific reply when
asked if he would resign in support of Jagan.
The Lok Sabha member has earlier participated in Jagan`s
Vodarpu Yatra in Nellore district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India