Jagan plans to resume Odarpu Yatra from Nov 16
Hyderabad: YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy is planning to resume his Odarpu Yatra from November 16, after a gap of around one-and-half-year.
"We are planning to resume the Odarpu Yatra from November 16," Jaganmohan said while talking to reporters at his Lotus Pond residence here on Monday.
The Kadapa MP had launched his Odarpu Yatra (Condolence tour) in April 2010 to meet families of those who either committed suicide or died of shock after hearing the news of the death of his father the then Chief Minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy in a chopper crash.
However, he was forced to cut-short his Yatra in view of the questioning by the CBI in an alleged disproportionate assets case case involving his companies and subsequent arrest on May 27, 2012.
He was granted bail on September 23 this year and a local court also allowed his plea and permitted him to leave Hyderabad and tour Andhra Pradesh and Delhi.
When contacted, sources close to Jaganmohan Reddy said they are yet to plan the tour details of Odarpu yatra and may finalise the schedule after November 16.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?