Jagan plans to resume Odarpu Yatra from Nov 16
Hyderabad: YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy is planning to resume his Odarpu Yatra from November 16, after a gap of around one-and-half-year.
"We are planning to resume the Odarpu Yatra from November 16," Jaganmohan said while talking to reporters at his Lotus Pond residence here on Monday.
The Kadapa MP had launched his Odarpu Yatra (Condolence tour) in April 2010 to meet families of those who either committed suicide or died of shock after hearing the news of the death of his father the then Chief Minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy in a chopper crash.
However, he was forced to cut-short his Yatra in view of the questioning by the CBI in an alleged disproportionate assets case case involving his companies and subsequent arrest on May 27, 2012.
He was granted bail on September 23 this year and a local court also allowed his plea and permitted him to leave Hyderabad and tour Andhra Pradesh and Delhi.
When contacted, sources close to Jaganmohan Reddy said they are yet to plan the tour details of Odarpu yatra and may finalise the schedule after November 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'