Jagan plans to resume Odarpu Yatra from Nov 16
Hyderabad: YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy is planning to resume his Odarpu Yatra from November 16, after a gap of around one-and-half-year.
"We are planning to resume the Odarpu Yatra from November 16," Jaganmohan said while talking to reporters at his Lotus Pond residence here on Monday.
The Kadapa MP had launched his Odarpu Yatra (Condolence tour) in April 2010 to meet families of those who either committed suicide or died of shock after hearing the news of the death of his father the then Chief Minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy in a chopper crash.
However, he was forced to cut-short his Yatra in view of the questioning by the CBI in an alleged disproportionate assets case case involving his companies and subsequent arrest on May 27, 2012.
He was granted bail on September 23 this year and a local court also allowed his plea and permitted him to leave Hyderabad and tour Andhra Pradesh and Delhi.
When contacted, sources close to Jaganmohan Reddy said they are yet to plan the tour details of Odarpu yatra and may finalise the schedule after November 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city