Jagan Reddy deposes before CBI court in DA case
Hyderabad: YSR Congress president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy Thursday appeared before a special CBI court here in connection a disproportionate assets case against him.
Former Andhra Pradesh Minister Sabitha Indra Reddy, also an accused in the case, Jagan`s financial advisor V Vijay Sai Reddy, industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad among other accused too appeared before the court as part of proceedings in the case.
The court issued a non-bailable warrant (NBW) against former General Manager of Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corporation (APIIC) Y Vijaya Lakshmi Prasad, for not attending the court. Prasad had been earlier named in one of the chargesheets filed by CBI in connection with the case.
The court then posted the matter to October 31.
The case relates to alleged investments made by various companies in Jagan`s firms as quid pro quo for favours bestowed on them during the tenure of his father Y S Rajasekhara Reddy as Chief Minister between 2004 and 2009.
The court, in the meanwhile, extended till October 31 the judicial remand of former Karnataka Minister Gali Janardhan Reddy and other accused in a case pertaining to alleged illegal mining involving his OMC firm, after they were produced through video-link.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened