Jagan Reddy deposes before CBI court in DA case
Hyderabad: YSR Congress president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy Thursday appeared before a special CBI court here in connection a disproportionate assets case against him.
Former Andhra Pradesh Minister Sabitha Indra Reddy, also an accused in the case, Jagan`s financial advisor V Vijay Sai Reddy, industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad among other accused too appeared before the court as part of proceedings in the case.
The court issued a non-bailable warrant (NBW) against former General Manager of Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corporation (APIIC) Y Vijaya Lakshmi Prasad, for not attending the court. Prasad had been earlier named in one of the chargesheets filed by CBI in connection with the case.
The court then posted the matter to October 31.
The case relates to alleged investments made by various companies in Jagan`s firms as quid pro quo for favours bestowed on them during the tenure of his father Y S Rajasekhara Reddy as Chief Minister between 2004 and 2009.
The court, in the meanwhile, extended till October 31 the judicial remand of former Karnataka Minister Gali Janardhan Reddy and other accused in a case pertaining to alleged illegal mining involving his OMC firm, after they were produced through video-link.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins