Jagan Reddy deposes before CBI court in DA case
Hyderabad: YSR Congress president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy Thursday appeared before a special CBI court here in connection a disproportionate assets case against him.
Former Andhra Pradesh Minister Sabitha Indra Reddy, also an accused in the case, Jagan`s financial advisor V Vijay Sai Reddy, industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad among other accused too appeared before the court as part of proceedings in the case.
The court issued a non-bailable warrant (NBW) against former General Manager of Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corporation (APIIC) Y Vijaya Lakshmi Prasad, for not attending the court. Prasad had been earlier named in one of the chargesheets filed by CBI in connection with the case.
The court then posted the matter to October 31.
The case relates to alleged investments made by various companies in Jagan`s firms as quid pro quo for favours bestowed on them during the tenure of his father Y S Rajasekhara Reddy as Chief Minister between 2004 and 2009.
The court, in the meanwhile, extended till October 31 the judicial remand of former Karnataka Minister Gali Janardhan Reddy and other accused in a case pertaining to alleged illegal mining involving his OMC firm, after they were produced through video-link.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday