Jagan Reddy to move SC in assets case
Hyderabad: YSR Congress chief YS Jagan Mohan Reddy is all set to move Supreme Court on Tuesday against a High Court order that directed the CBI to investigates his assets.
Speaking to mediapersons, Jagan maintained that there were no irregularities in the investments made into his companies Jagati Publications or Bharati Cements.
“All those who had invested made a lot of money. It was India Cements, Dalmia Cements, his friend N Prasad (Matrix Laboratories) and French cement biggie Vicat who had invested in Bharati Cements and made a lot of money in the bargain,” he said, substantiating his argument that the investments made in his companies were not a gesture of thanksgiving to YS Rajasekhara Reddy by those who had received government land. “India Cements and Dalmia Cements had invested about 95 crore each and made ut po Rs 150 crore each. Similarly, Prasad had invested Rs 265 crore and made Rs 550 crore.”
Alleging that the investigations against him are a part of a Congress’ game plan to unsettle him in the state, the young leader said, “God is there. He will protect me.”
Earlier yesterday, Jaganmohan hit out at the Congress and said that his father’s legacy is being tarnished and that the Centre has unleashed a witch hunt against him.
Speaking to a news channel, Jagan - dubbed as India’s richest MP- said that he is helpless, alone and young and is being targeted for resigning from the party. “I was shown I-T notices after the death of my father,” rued Jagan.
Jagan is the son of Congress stalwart and former chief minister of Andhra Pradesh, late YS Rajashekhara Reddy who died in a helicopter crash in September 2009.
Taking on the Congress, Jagan said that his father’s reputation is being deliberately tarnished. He said, “This is what you do to a man who was with you for 30 years? You are attacking a dead man, this is witch hunting.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25