Jagan to continue yatra for one more month
Hyderabad: Kadapa MP and late Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy`s son Jaganmohan will continue his current round of `Odarpu Yatra` at least for one more month.
Jagan launched the third leg of Odarpu Yatra in Andhra Pradesh`s Prakasam district on September 3 to console families which lost their kin in the aftermath of his father`s death in September 2009.
Though the yatra was supposed to end in 10 days, it has been continuing for over a month now as the young MP visited several villages and unveiled the statues of his late father.
Jagan took a five-day break following an eye infection in mid-September before resuming the tour again.
Barring, state Mines Minister Balineni Srinivasa Reddy and an MLA from the district, no other elected representative is taking part in Jagan`s yatra.
"We are unable to say how long the yatra will continue as people of every village have been forcing Jagan to visit them. That way the tour is getting stretched beyond schedule," Srinivasa Reddy said told a news agency.
Srinivasa Reddy, a close relative of YS Rajasekhara Reddy, has been accompanying Jagan on the tour in defiance of Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s directive.
The Minister, however, took a break from the yatra to attend the Cabinet meeting here today. This was only the second time that he has visited Hyderabad in over a month to take part in the Cabinet meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof