Jagan yatra, Babhli issue raises political temp in AP
Hyderabad: Congress MP Y S Jagan Mohan
Reddy`s controversial "Odarpu yatra", TDP`s botched visit to
Maharashtra over Babhli barrage issue and the forthcoming
byelections in Telangana have unusually shot up political
temperature in Andhra Pradesh.
Jagan, who re-commenced his yatra despite reservations
of the high command, has now become a "hot potato" for the
He announced his decision to pursue the tour in an
open letter to people stating that AICC president Sonia Gandhi
"did not appear to be favourably inclined over resuming the
His subsequent statements, wondering what mistake he
is making by undertaking the yatra, and critical remarks
against Chief Minister K Rosaiah did not go down well with the
AICC general secretary Veerappa Moily, in-charge of
Congress affairs in the state, said yesterday that "Jagan’s
actions are not in the best interests of the party."
In an apparent warning signal to the Jagan camp,
Congress high command has suspended state party general
secretary Ambati Rambabu, a close confidante of Jagan, for
making critical remarks against party leadership and the Chief
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack