Jagan yatra, Babhli issue raises political temp in AP
Hyderabad: Congress MP Y S Jagan Mohan
Reddy`s controversial "Odarpu yatra", TDP`s botched visit to
Maharashtra over Babhli barrage issue and the forthcoming
byelections in Telangana have unusually shot up political
temperature in Andhra Pradesh.
Jagan, who re-commenced his yatra despite reservations
of the high command, has now become a "hot potato" for the
He announced his decision to pursue the tour in an
open letter to people stating that AICC president Sonia Gandhi
"did not appear to be favourably inclined over resuming the
His subsequent statements, wondering what mistake he
is making by undertaking the yatra, and critical remarks
against Chief Minister K Rosaiah did not go down well with the
AICC general secretary Veerappa Moily, in-charge of
Congress affairs in the state, said yesterday that "Jagan’s
actions are not in the best interests of the party."
In an apparent warning signal to the Jagan camp,
Congress high command has suspended state party general
secretary Ambati Rambabu, a close confidante of Jagan, for
making critical remarks against party leadership and the Chief
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!