Jaganmohan Reddy discharged from hospital, advised rest
Hyderabad: YSR Congress President YS Jaganmohan Reddy, who was admitted to a hospital on October 9 after being forcibly evicted by police from the site of his fast to protest bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, was on Saturday discharged.
Jagan left for home from the Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) here this morning following improvement in his health condition. He was, however, advised rest for a few days, sources said.
He was shifted to the NIMS on late Wednesday night, the fifth day of his hunger strike, from his fast camp and forcibly given fluids with police help.
Police removed Jagan from his indefinite hunger fast venue after doctors voiced concern over his deteriorating health. A team of policemen swooped down on Jagan`s house in the posh Jubilee Hills area, lifted him and put him in an ambulance.
The Kadapa MP began his indefinite fast on October 5 in support of united Andhra Pradesh and doctors had advised that he should call it off since his blood sugar levels and other parameters were worrisome.
The YSRCP President had undertaken an indefinite fast while in jail last month on the same issue and was forced to break it then, too, after he was hospitalised.
The 40-year-old politician, who is facing corruption charges, was released on bail late last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video