Jaganmohan Reddy files bail application in DA case
Hyderabad: Jailed YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy on Wednesday moved a bail application in a special court here, seeking relief on the ground that CBI investigations into the corruption case against him were over.
The court posted the matter for hearing tomorrow after directing the CBI to file its reply to the application.
The central agency yesterday filed three more chargesheets against the Kadapa MP and others. With this, eight chargesheets have been filed in the case till now.
Jaganmohan, arrested by the CBI on May 27 last year on charges of amassing disproportionate assets, has been lodged in Chanchalguda Central Prison here under judicial remand.
The Supreme Court had on May 9 rejected the YSR Congress leader`s bail plea and directed CBI to complete investigations and file chargesheet within four months.
After filing of the chargesheet, Jaganmohan would be at liberty to move the trial court which would consider his bail plea on merit without being influenced by this ruling, the apex court had said.
The case relates to alleged investments made by private companies and individual investors in Jaganmohan`s firms as a quid-pro-quo for Government favours when his father late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy was Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister.
Several corporate entities, bureaucrats, Jaganmohan aides and former Congress Ministers figure in the chargesheets filed till now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach