Jaganmohan Reddy files plea seeking exemption from personal appearance
Hyderabad: YSR Congress chief and Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy filed a petition in the special CBI court here on Monday, seeking exemption from personal appearance in court, on February 12.
In the petition filed through his counsel, Jagan said that being an MP, he has to attend the ongoing Parliament session where the Telangana Bill is likely to be tabled.
The case of alleged quid-pro-quo investments involving his companies, in which Jagan is the prime accused, is likely to come up for hearing tomorrow before court.
On February 4, the court had dismissed the plea of the Kadapa MP, seeking exemption from personal appearance during court hearings.
On September 23 last year, the court had granted Jagan conditional bail and directed that he should present himself before court during proceedings in the case.
Meanwhile, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has filed a petition in the court seeking copies of charge-sheets filed by CBI in the case, to inquire into the alleged violations made by Jagan`s close aide and his auditor V Vijay Sai Reddy, who is an accused in the case.
A chartered accountant, Vijay Sai, served as financial advisor for a group of companies owned by Jagan. The ICAI approached the court, since it is contemplating suo motu inquiry against Vijay Sai.
The court has reserved the matter for orders tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31