Jaganmohan Reddy files plea seeking exemption from personal appearance
Hyderabad: YSR Congress chief and Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy filed a petition in the special CBI court here on Monday, seeking exemption from personal appearance in court, on February 12.
In the petition filed through his counsel, Jagan said that being an MP, he has to attend the ongoing Parliament session where the Telangana Bill is likely to be tabled.
The case of alleged quid-pro-quo investments involving his companies, in which Jagan is the prime accused, is likely to come up for hearing tomorrow before court.
On February 4, the court had dismissed the plea of the Kadapa MP, seeking exemption from personal appearance during court hearings.
On September 23 last year, the court had granted Jagan conditional bail and directed that he should present himself before court during proceedings in the case.
Meanwhile, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has filed a petition in the court seeking copies of charge-sheets filed by CBI in the case, to inquire into the alleged violations made by Jagan`s close aide and his auditor V Vijay Sai Reddy, who is an accused in the case.
A chartered accountant, Vijay Sai, served as financial advisor for a group of companies owned by Jagan. The ICAI approached the court, since it is contemplating suo motu inquiry against Vijay Sai.
The court has reserved the matter for orders tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning