Jaganmohan Reddy files plea seeking exemption from personal appearance
Hyderabad: YSR Congress chief and Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy filed a petition in the special CBI court here on Monday, seeking exemption from personal appearance in court, on February 12.
In the petition filed through his counsel, Jagan said that being an MP, he has to attend the ongoing Parliament session where the Telangana Bill is likely to be tabled.
The case of alleged quid-pro-quo investments involving his companies, in which Jagan is the prime accused, is likely to come up for hearing tomorrow before court.
On February 4, the court had dismissed the plea of the Kadapa MP, seeking exemption from personal appearance during court hearings.
On September 23 last year, the court had granted Jagan conditional bail and directed that he should present himself before court during proceedings in the case.
Meanwhile, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has filed a petition in the court seeking copies of charge-sheets filed by CBI in the case, to inquire into the alleged violations made by Jagan`s close aide and his auditor V Vijay Sai Reddy, who is an accused in the case.
A chartered accountant, Vijay Sai, served as financial advisor for a group of companies owned by Jagan. The ICAI approached the court, since it is contemplating suo motu inquiry against Vijay Sai.
The court has reserved the matter for orders tomorrow.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!