Jagan`s arrest news overtakes KKR victory in cyber news space
Hyderabad: The cyber news space on Monday was dominated by the news of YSR Congress party chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy’s arrest overtaking the news of the historic win of Kolkata Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League.
Google news had 72,800 news stories featuring Jagan in just 30 seconds, while Kolkata Knight Riders had a little above half at 37,700 in 38 seconds time.
The mere word Jagan yielded results to the extent of 11 million in just 36 seconds in the internet search engine.
Jagan arrest produced nearly 1.7 million articles, while Jaganmohan Reddy produced 1.3 million articles in Google.
Another social medium which provides Web to mobile free SMS service does not see much change in the traffic after Jagan’s arrest.
According to VV Raju, founder of way2online group that runs way2sms and 160/2 portals that provide free messaging to mobile phones for registered users, the issue might not have been given much importance as the arrest happened on a Sunday and also people were glued to their television set watching the IPL finals between KKR and Chennai Super Kings.
"Even today’s SMS traffic flow was as usual. We expected some change in the late morning. However, that did not happen", Raju said.
The way2online group handles nearly 10 million free SMS per day to the users.
The 39-year-old businessman turned politician and Kadapa MP was arrested on Sunday after three days of intense grilling by the CBI in a disproportionate assets case.
The arrest comes just ahead of the by-elections to 18 Assembly seats and one Lok Sabha seat in the state.
Meanwhile, Congress MP and veteran cine actor Chiranjeevi`s son Ramcharan Teja`s comments on Jagan?s arrest has infuriated YSR party followers.
Ramcharan tweeted saying that "Finally the Govt. Has proved its capability" and the YSR party in its Facebook page countered that Ramcharan should concentrate on acting rather than commenting on politics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days