Jagan`s arrest news overtakes KKR victory in cyber news space
Hyderabad: The cyber news space on Monday was dominated by the news of YSR Congress party chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy’s arrest overtaking the news of the historic win of Kolkata Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League.
Google news had 72,800 news stories featuring Jagan in just 30 seconds, while Kolkata Knight Riders had a little above half at 37,700 in 38 seconds time.
The mere word Jagan yielded results to the extent of 11 million in just 36 seconds in the internet search engine.
Jagan arrest produced nearly 1.7 million articles, while Jaganmohan Reddy produced 1.3 million articles in Google.
Another social medium which provides Web to mobile free SMS service does not see much change in the traffic after Jagan’s arrest.
According to VV Raju, founder of way2online group that runs way2sms and 160/2 portals that provide free messaging to mobile phones for registered users, the issue might not have been given much importance as the arrest happened on a Sunday and also people were glued to their television set watching the IPL finals between KKR and Chennai Super Kings.
"Even today’s SMS traffic flow was as usual. We expected some change in the late morning. However, that did not happen", Raju said.
The way2online group handles nearly 10 million free SMS per day to the users.
The 39-year-old businessman turned politician and Kadapa MP was arrested on Sunday after three days of intense grilling by the CBI in a disproportionate assets case.
The arrest comes just ahead of the by-elections to 18 Assembly seats and one Lok Sabha seat in the state.
Meanwhile, Congress MP and veteran cine actor Chiranjeevi`s son Ramcharan Teja`s comments on Jagan?s arrest has infuriated YSR party followers.
Ramcharan tweeted saying that "Finally the Govt. Has proved its capability" and the YSR party in its Facebook page countered that Ramcharan should concentrate on acting rather than commenting on politics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row