Jagan’s bail plea adjourned till tomorrow
Hyderabad: A special court on Tuesday adjourned hearing on YSR Congress party leader YS Jaganmohan Reddy`s bail petition to June 01 (Friday) in a disproportionate assets case.
The YSR Congress Party leader, in his fresh petition, has sought bail on the ground that he wants to campaign for the party in the by-elections.
By-elections to one Lok Sabha and 18 assembly seats are scheduled to be held June 12.
Terming his arrest as illegal, Jagan has alleged that he was arrested only to keep him away from the poll campaign.
The CBI arrested Jagan Sunday night after questioning him for three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family