Jagan`s followers stage protest in Krishna district
Vijayawada: Followers of Jagan Mohan
Reddy on Monday staged protests all over Krishna district
immediately after the announcement of his decision to resign
from the Congress party.
They demanded that the Congress High Command should not
accept his resignation and also not to take action against
Many youths gathered at the Congress office here to show
their solidarity with Jagan Reddy and raised slogans in his
At Gudivada, his followers damaged the Congress office and
burnt the effigy of Sonia Gandhi, while at Vissannapet, seven
elected members of local self-governing bodies announced their
resignations in support of Jagan.
Malladi Vishnu, Congress MLA from Vijayawada Central
almost broke down while talking about the resignation. He has
requested the high command not to take action against Jagan
and respect his views.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living