Jagan`s health improves after being admitted to hospital
Hyderabad: The health condition of YSR Congress president YS Jaganmohan Reddy, who was admitted to a government hospital here following a five-day fast, is improving though he suffers from a respiratory tract infection, doctors said here on Friday.
Jaganmohan was shifted to the Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) by the police on October 9 from his fast camp. He was forcefully given IV fluids with police help that night. He is being given fluids orally and soft diet since yesterday night.
"Ketone bodies were high yesterday and the situation is improving gradually. Since Jagan has respiratory tract infection, antibiotics are being given. Overall the situation is improving compared to yesterday," a doctor told reporters.
Police removed Jagan from his indefinite hunger strike venue as doctors voiced concern over his deteriorating health.
A team of policemen swooped down on Jagan`s house in the posh Jubilee Hills area on Wednesday night, lifted him and put him in an ambulance.
The Kadapa MP began his indefinite fast on October 5 in support of "united" Andhra Pradesh and doctors had advised that he should call it off since his blood sugar levels and other parameters were worrisome.
Though Jagan wanted to continue his fast even after being admitted to the hospital, he was forcibly administered treatment in view of his condition.
Jagan had launched a hunger strike on the same issue while he was in jail here last month, and then too, he was forced to break it after he was hospitalised.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!