Jagan`s health improves after being admitted to hospital
Hyderabad: The health condition of YSR Congress president YS Jaganmohan Reddy, who was admitted to a government hospital here following a five-day fast, is improving though he suffers from a respiratory tract infection, doctors said here on Friday.
Jaganmohan was shifted to the Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) by the police on October 9 from his fast camp. He was forcefully given IV fluids with police help that night. He is being given fluids orally and soft diet since yesterday night.
"Ketone bodies were high yesterday and the situation is improving gradually. Since Jagan has respiratory tract infection, antibiotics are being given. Overall the situation is improving compared to yesterday," a doctor told reporters.
Police removed Jagan from his indefinite hunger strike venue as doctors voiced concern over his deteriorating health.
A team of policemen swooped down on Jagan`s house in the posh Jubilee Hills area on Wednesday night, lifted him and put him in an ambulance.
The Kadapa MP began his indefinite fast on October 5 in support of "united" Andhra Pradesh and doctors had advised that he should call it off since his blood sugar levels and other parameters were worrisome.
Though Jagan wanted to continue his fast even after being admitted to the hospital, he was forcibly administered treatment in view of his condition.
Jagan had launched a hunger strike on the same issue while he was in jail here last month, and then too, he was forced to break it after he was hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says