Jagan`s health improves after being admitted to hospital
Hyderabad: The health condition of YSR Congress president YS Jaganmohan Reddy, who was admitted to a government hospital here following a five-day fast, is improving though he suffers from a respiratory tract infection, doctors said here on Friday.
Jaganmohan was shifted to the Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) by the police on October 9 from his fast camp. He was forcefully given IV fluids with police help that night. He is being given fluids orally and soft diet since yesterday night.
"Ketone bodies were high yesterday and the situation is improving gradually. Since Jagan has respiratory tract infection, antibiotics are being given. Overall the situation is improving compared to yesterday," a doctor told reporters.
Police removed Jagan from his indefinite hunger strike venue as doctors voiced concern over his deteriorating health.
A team of policemen swooped down on Jagan`s house in the posh Jubilee Hills area on Wednesday night, lifted him and put him in an ambulance.
The Kadapa MP began his indefinite fast on October 5 in support of "united" Andhra Pradesh and doctors had advised that he should call it off since his blood sugar levels and other parameters were worrisome.
Though Jagan wanted to continue his fast even after being admitted to the hospital, he was forcibly administered treatment in view of his condition.
Jagan had launched a hunger strike on the same issue while he was in jail here last month, and then too, he was forced to break it after he was hospitalised.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged