Jagan`s health improves after being given IV fluids
Hyderabad: The health condition of YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy on Sunday improved a bit after doctors at the Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS), where he is being treated following his indefinite fast against Andhra Pradesh bifurcation, administered IV fluids to him.
Jagan`s seven-day fast ended yesterday after NIMS doctors forcibly administered him IV fluids.
"Jagan`s condition appears to have improved a bit today compared to yesterday. Following orders from jail authorities we forcibly gave IV fluids to him," doctors at NIMS treating Jagan told reporters.
"His parameters have improved. The urine output has increased," they said, adding that ever since fluids were forcibly administered to him there is a bit of improvement in his health.
"The blood-pressure level has improved a bit. He is also taking fluids orally. Now we are planning to give him semi-solid food from this evening or tomorrow morning," NIMS doctors said.
Some more investigations (tests) are planned on him this evening, they said.
Reacting to a query, the doctors said Jagan is likely to be discharged in the next two days.
An eight-member team of doctors from different departments is monitoring his health condition.
The jailed Kadapa MP, arrested by CBI on corruption charges in May last year and lodged at the Chanchalguda Central Prison here, launched an indefinite hunger strike at the jail on Sunday last against the proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
After he refused to take food at the jail and in view of his deteriorating health, the jail authorities initially shifted him to the Osmania General Hospital from where he was shifted to NIMS on August 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!