Jagan`s indefinite fast continues on third day
Hyderabad: The indefinite fast launched by jailed YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganomhan Reddy to protest the move to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh entered third day on Tuesday.
"He (Jagan) is continuing with his fast and did not take lunch and dinner even today," Chanchalguda Jail Superintendent B Saidaiah told a news agency adding his health condition was stable.
Jagan began his indefinite hunger strike on Sunday.
YSR Congress honorary president Y S Vijayamma had called off her indefinite fast on August 24 opposing proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh after she was forcibly shifted to a hospital in Guntur.
She had then announced that her son and jailed Kadapa MP Jaganmohan Reddy would undertake an indefinite fast seeking "justice for Seemandhra people."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands