Jagan`s judicial custody extended till Dec 5
Hyderabad: The judicial remand of Kadapa MP and YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy was today extended till December 5 by the special CBI court here in the disproportionate assets case against him.
The court also extended the remand of other accused, including former Andhra Pradesh excise minister Mopidevi Venkataramana Rao and VANPIC project developer Nimmagadda Prasad.
Proceedings were conducted through video-conference with Chanchalguda jail, where the accused are lodged.
The court also asked AP Minister for Roads and Buildings Dharmana Prasada Rao, one of the accused in `quid pro quo` case involving Jagan, to appear on December 5, as he did not appear before the court today.
Besides Dharmana Prasada Rao and Mopidevi, CBI has named 12 others in its fourth charge-sheet in VANPIC scam case, filed in August.
In another development, the court extended till December 5 the judicial remand of former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy and others in the Obulapuram Mining Company case.
It reserved the order on Reddy`s bail plea to November 26.
Reddy, an MLC, has sought bail in view of next year`s Assembly polls in Karnataka. But CBI lawyer today opposed his plea, saying that he might intimidate the witnesses if set at large.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie