Jagan`s judicial remand extended till July 29
Hyderabad: A special CBI court on Monday extended till July 29 the judicial remand of YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy and other accused in the case pertaining to quid pro quo deals involving the Kadapa MP.
Jagan and other accused, including his auditor V Vijay Sai Reddy and former minister Mopidevi Venkata Ramana Rao, currently lodged in Chanchalguda Central Prison here, were produced before the court through video-link. The court extended their remand by another 14 days.
The case relates to alleged investments made by industrialists in Jagan`s companies when his father, the late YS Rajasekhara Reddy, was the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh, by way of a quid pro quo for government favours.
Jagan was arrested by CBI on May 27 last year on corruption charges and has been lodged in Chanchalguda jail since then.
Former Andhra Pradesh ministers P Sabitha Reddy and Dharmana Prasada Rao, both accused in the case against Jagan, attended the court proceedings today.
The court, in the meanwhile, also extended the judicial custody of former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy and other accused in the OMC illegal mining case through video-conference from the Chanchalguda jail till July 29.
It also extended the judicial custody of Sunil Reddy, an accused in the Emaar scam, till the same date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi