Jagan`s mother, family members taken into preventive custody
Hyderabad: Police on Monday night took Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy`s mother and MLA Y S Vijaya and his family members into preventive custody after they resorted to a sit-in in front of the Dilkusha guest house here protesting Jagan`s arrest by CBI in connection with the disproportionate assets case registered against him.
Vijaya, who led family members including Jagan`s wife Bharati, his sister Sharmila and brother-in-law Anil in the dharna, were taken into preventive custody and sent to their residence, a senior police officer said.
Women police constables and RAF personnel shifted the protesting family members in vehicles at around 11.10 PM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video