Jagan`s mother, family members taken into preventive custody
Hyderabad: Police on Monday night took Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy`s mother and MLA Y S Vijaya and his family members into preventive custody after they resorted to a sit-in in front of the Dilkusha guest house here protesting Jagan`s arrest by CBI in connection with the disproportionate assets case registered against him.
Vijaya, who led family members including Jagan`s wife Bharati, his sister Sharmila and brother-in-law Anil in the dharna, were taken into preventive custody and sent to their residence, a senior police officer said.
Women police constables and RAF personnel shifted the protesting family members in vehicles at around 11.10 PM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred