Jagan`s mother, family members taken into preventive custody
Hyderabad: Police on Monday night took Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy`s mother and MLA Y S Vijaya and his family members into preventive custody after they resorted to a sit-in in front of the Dilkusha guest house here protesting Jagan`s arrest by CBI in connection with the disproportionate assets case registered against him.
Vijaya, who led family members including Jagan`s wife Bharati, his sister Sharmila and brother-in-law Anil in the dharna, were taken into preventive custody and sent to their residence, a senior police officer said.
Women police constables and RAF personnel shifted the protesting family members in vehicles at around 11.10 PM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Anuja Chauhan's next novel to be about men in uniform
- Who is the lead actress in Salman Khan's 'Tubelight'? Here's what we know so far!
- 'Some objects' spotted as search for missing IAF AN-32 aircraft enters sixth day
- Even Anushka Sharma failed to escape 'Pokemon Go' fever! Watch videos
- Pakistan a dependable ally, says British PM Theresa May