Jagan`s party completes one year
Hyderabad: YSR Congress president and Kadapa
MP, YS Jaganmohan Reddy on Monday said his party would strive to
usher in "value-based politics".
"We have been facing a lot of trouble over the past one
year, but what kept us going is the faith people have placed
in us," Jagan told partymen after hoisting the YSRC flag at
the party headquarters here on the occasion of its first
"Initially, there was discouragement from many quarters.
Some of them said coming out of Congress would be suicidal.
They tried to lure me with party posts and cabinet berth, but
I did not yield," he said.
"I believed what my heart said and took the decision and
the party was formed....Our party works for the poor and
farmers and these are the focus areas," he added.
YSR Congress honorary president YS Vijaya, who hoisted
the party flag at her husband`s grave at Idupulapaya, said the
party came into existence to serve the poor and the
downtrodden, and to carry forward the ideals of YSR.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj