Jagan`s second phase CBI custody ends
Hyderabad: Jailed MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy`s two-day CBI custody ended Sunday and he would be produced in court Monday in am illegal wealth case.
For the second day, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) officials questioned the YSR Congress Party leader with regard to the investments into his companies, especially the funds from abroad.
After questioning the Kadapa MP for over six hours at CBI office in Koti, Jagan, as he is popularly known, was shifted back to Chanchalguda Central Jail in the evening.
As Jagan`s judicial custody ending Monday, he would be produced before the special CBI court. The central agency will seek extension of his judicial remand.
The Andhra Pradesh High Court had Friday sent Jagan to two-day CBI custody. He was earlier questioned by the investigating agency for five days till June 7.
The CBI had arrested Jagan on May 27 after questioning him for three days. The next day he was produced in the court, which sent him to judicial custody till June 11.
Jagan allegedly conspired with his father and then chief minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy to dole out favours to companies which made investments into his firms on quid pro quo basis.
Besides Jagan, former state minister Mopidevi Venkataramna, leading industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and bureaucrat K. V. Brahmananda Reddy are in jail.
The CBI has booked Jagan and 72 others last year following direction from the high court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands