Jagan`s step unfortunate, not to affect party: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Monday dubbed as "most
unfortunate and misguided" YS Jaganmohan Reddy`s action to
resign from Congress and the Lok Sabha but said it will not
hurt the party in Andhra Pradesh, asserted no individual is
greater than the party.
"The decision is most unfortunate and misguided," an
unfazed Moily, who is also AICC in-charge of Andhra Pradesh,
told reporters outside Parliament.
Asked whether the young Kadapa MP`s decision will weaken
the party, Moily remarked that "the party is very strong
Congress spokesperson Janardan Dwivedi said, "it is
their decision and party has nothing to say on that" but
maintained that no individual is bigger than the party.
According to Jagan, his mother Vijayamma, who is an MLA
from Pulivendula in Kadapa, would also quit her post and the
Observing that the mother-son duo "must have perceived
the pros and cons" of their decision, he said, "I would
like to say emphatically that Congress is greater than
Moily laughed off questions whether he would guide
Jaganmohan in the right direction. "I will not comment on it,"
Senior Congress leader V Hanumantha Rao also said that
the party will not be affected by his resignation.
"It was his own decision. The high command had given him
a long rope. He himself wanted to go. What can we do," he
On whether other Congress leaders could follow
Jagan, Rao said, "Nobody will go, barring a few loyalists."
Rao, who is the convenor of AICC`s SC/ST Cell, said that
those who will follow Jagan will return to the party later.
"May be three or four leaders will resign and follow him.
That also I doubt. They will return to Congress," Rao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security