Jaipal Reddy`s niece murdered, say cops
Hyderabad: Cracking the mystery behind the suspicious death of union Petroleum Minister S Jaipal Reddy`s niece Kiran Reddy, Hyderabad police on Wednesday arrested her husband for the murder.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Stephen Ravindra told reporters that Chaitanya Reddy has been arrested for killing his 26-year-old wife.
The autopsy report established that Chaitanya Reddy killed Kiran on the night of June 17 at their house in Jubliee Hills after they returned from a bachelors` party hosted by Kiran`s brother Sunil Reddy.
The next morning Chaitanya took Kiran to a hospital, where she was declared brought dead. He claimed that she died of sudden health complications. Police had registered a case of death under suspicious circumstances.
However, the next day Kiran`s parents lodged a complaint with the police that Chaitanya murdered their daughter. The police subsequently changed the case to that of murder.
Kiran and Chaitanya, both doctors, had a fight after they returned home June 17 night as Chaitanya reportedly misbehaved with a person during the party. Married five years ago, they reportedly fought several times in the past.
The autopsy report established that Kiran was smothered to death. She also had a head injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day