Jaipal Reddy`s niece murdered, say cops
Hyderabad: Cracking the mystery behind the suspicious death of union Petroleum Minister S Jaipal Reddy`s niece Kiran Reddy, Hyderabad police on Wednesday arrested her husband for the murder.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Stephen Ravindra told reporters that Chaitanya Reddy has been arrested for killing his 26-year-old wife.
The autopsy report established that Chaitanya Reddy killed Kiran on the night of June 17 at their house in Jubliee Hills after they returned from a bachelors` party hosted by Kiran`s brother Sunil Reddy.
The next morning Chaitanya took Kiran to a hospital, where she was declared brought dead. He claimed that she died of sudden health complications. Police had registered a case of death under suspicious circumstances.
However, the next day Kiran`s parents lodged a complaint with the police that Chaitanya murdered their daughter. The police subsequently changed the case to that of murder.
Kiran and Chaitanya, both doctors, had a fight after they returned home June 17 night as Chaitanya reportedly misbehaved with a person during the party. Married five years ago, they reportedly fought several times in the past.
The autopsy report established that Kiran was smothered to death. She also had a head injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!