Jaipal`s niece death case: Husband, in-law grilled
Hyderabad: Police to began questioning the
husband and in-laws of Kiran Reddy, niece of the Union
Minister for Petroleum S Jaipal Reddy, in connection with her
Kiran (26), was found dead in her house at Bharani
Layout in Jubilee Hills here on June 18.
The Jubilee Hills Police had initially registered a case
of suspicious death and later altered it to murder after her
father Raghottam Reddy suspected foul play by her husband
Chaitanya Reddy and his family members behind the death.
Kiran`s mother, Bharathi, is the elder sister of Jaipal
Reddy. Kiran, a dermatologist, was married to Chaitanya Reddy,
also a doctor, five years ago.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (West Zone) Stephen
Raveendra said: "The entire autopsy (of Kiran) was
videographed and the inquest was done. The questioning of
suspects including Kiran?s husband Chaitanya Reddy, her
in-laws and brother-in-law is underway. Further action will be
taken, based on the evidence that we gather."
Banjara Hills Division Assistant Commissioner of Police
(ACP) R Ravinder Reddy said they were still awaiting the
"No one has been arrested so far. We are verifying the
complicity of Chaitanya Reddy and questioning him with regard
to the death. Kiran`s in-laws are also being questioned," he
The father of the victim had earlier complained to police
that his daughter`s death was unnatural and suspected that she
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen